Dear AuCT-UG members
The IHTSDO is seeking Australian representatives for an Expert Reference Group for a project addressing SNOMED CT terminology in relation to Function and Activities from the following perspectives:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Mental Health
- Social Worker
- Sports science
The Expert Reference Group will be a virtual group, with a project manager to coordinate. It will have agreed terms of reference and will meet on a monthly basis, with likely calls for advice in between. There will be an initial face to face meeting for 2 days which are yet to be confirmed but likely to be across the following dates: 30 September, 1st October, 2nd October 2014. The meeting will possibly be in a European location and will outline the focus of the project, provide necessary training, discuss and agree use cases, confirm scope and review draft editorial guidance.
At this time, the IHTSDO is asking for nominations of people with background in this area and from the professional groups identified above. Details required are:
– Nominations, with a CV and stating why the person can contribute to this work,
– The nominee should have agreed to be nominated and be available for the face to face meeting on the dates above – the location will depend on where the individuals appointed for the ERG are from.
– IHTSDO will review the nominations and choose one from each profession, aiming for an international group.
– IHTSDO will notify the Member Country, National Release Centre and nominated person by 29 August, but in between may speak to the Member to clarify any points.
– Note that all travel expenses will be paid for but there is no additional funding as a member of this ERG.
NEHTA will coordinate Australian Nominations and they should be forwarded along with required information described above to Christine.Borthwick@nehta.gov.au by COB Monday 18th August 2014.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Christine for any further queries.
nehta- National E-Health Transition Authority
Level 2, 10 Browning Street
WEST END QLD 4101
Ph: 07 3023 8413